Commercial Lines Account Executive
San Diego, CA 92130 US
It is preferred the AE have a book of business to bring with them.
- HOURS: Full-Time Hours, Mon-Fri, 8:00AM-5:00PM (Flexible start schedule offered)
- DURATION: Direct Hire
- WORKPLACE: This is an in-office position. Flexibility is offered
- PAY: $100,000 (plus) per year, depending on experience.
- BENEFITS: This client offers a full comprehensive benefits package
Job Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Receive and develop new business leads from Producers or identifies and develops cross-sell opportunities to increase new/additional Revenue/Commissions by 15% annually.
- Market new and renewal book of business of >=$1,000,000, including preparing submissions, submitting applications to carriers, negotiating rates and terms with underwriters, and analyzing coverage on behalf of the insureds.
- Solicit additional lines of coverage; including an applicable annual revenue goal including a 90% retention rate of current client business.
- Service accounts and provide claims assistance as needed.
- Complete applications, obtain quotes, negotiate premiums and commissions, prepare proposals and presentations.
- Bind coverage, prepare binders and delegate certificates.
- Meet with clients as needed or directed by Producer.
- Perform all assigned tasks of Account Manager in the event of his/her absence.
- Review accounting history, respond to accounting inquiries, correct discrepancies and contact client on receivable collections.
- Collection of fees, reconciliation and resolution of any outstanding balances.
- Supervise and delegate to assigned support staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of Ten years’ experience recently working as a Commercial Lines Account Manager or Executive or Producer within an Independent Agency environment.
- Varied Risk experience (a specific Risk experience is not required for this position).
- The qualified candidate must hold an active CA Property/Casualty license.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- EPIC experience preferred!
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects.
- Occasional travel for business and training may be required of this position
- Must be able to remain in stationary position
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Recruiting
Sharlene has been with SDI Staffing since 1998. She is most passionate about recruiting, helping candidates find a successful career in insurance, and assisting clients with finding the top talent they are seeking. Currently, Sharlene works as the Lead Account Manager. She evaluates applicants on their skills, education, work history, personality and salary requirements. She also works with clients to assist them in their search for applicants that have the experience and skills they are seeking for their office. Sharlene is an active member of Professional Women in Insurance, California Staffing Professionals and the American Staffing Association. She is trained in CA Employment and Sexual Harassment Law (FMLA, Meal & Rest Periods, Exempt & Non-Exempt Employees, etc.).
Sharlene was born and raised in San Diego, CA. She enjoys traveling as well as spending time with her husband, their two Labs, family and friends.