Commercial Lines Insurance Account Manager - Hybrid Remote!
San Diego, CA 92123 US
- HOURS: Full-Time Hours, Mon-Fri, 8:00AM-5:00PM
- DURATION: Temporary for approximately 30 – 90 days.
- WORKPLACE: In office for training. Option to work hybrid after training.
- If the candidate does not live within a reasonable driving distance of the office, remote work will be offered.
- PAY: $37.00 - $40.00 per hour
- To qualify for $40/hr. the candidate must have five years experience recently working as a Commercial AM and stable work history.
- BENEFITS: Weekly payroll, direct deposit, online time entry, sick leave pay, and upon meeting eligibility: holiday pay, vacation pay and 401K Retirement Plan.
Job Duties will include but are not limited to:
Book size is roughly $800k revenue.
Risk types are Construction, Lessor Risk, Wholesale/Distribution, Retail/Coffee Shops.
o Responsible for providing comprehensive client support and acts as main client contact for book of business.
o Effectively manages difficult client communications including loss of coverage, claim denials, unfavorable underwriting and other challenging renewal scenarios.
o Owns all audit, review and claims processes for assigned book of business.
o Analyzes data to draft client service plans, stewardship reports, and other meaningful reports tailored to the needs of the client and circumstances of the presentation.
-- Insurance Expertise
o Develops and maintains strong personal relationships with appropriate insurance carrier personnel. Proficient in underwriting practices; able to manage underwriting relationships
o Fluent in the client’s industry and current events that can modify the coverages needed
o Reviews changes in carrier offerings and policies and relays information to the larger service team
o Collaborates with account team on the agency’s renewal strategy
o Provides clients with Insurance Coverage Review and reviews methods of handling risks. Identifies and explains gaps in coverage. Works with the producer to write new business.
--Other duties as assigned.
- The qualified candidate must hold an active CA Property and Casualty license, have strong customer service skills and recent independent agency experience, three years’ experience minimum, working in Commercial Lines Insurance as an Account Manager.
- Knowledge of Applied-EPIC is mandatory. Must be at an intermediate to advanced level.
- Advanced knowledge of available commercial lines coverages based on business and industry;
- The qualified candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have strong attention to detail.
- Regular and consistent attendance as defined per Company policy.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods as well as the use of office equipment such as fax and copy machines, and telephones.
- May be required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must possess effective communication and listening skills such that complicated information can be communicated in a straight-forward manner that the listener can understand, as well as paraphrasing and questioning to gain a complete understanding of the speakers concerns and goals.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, set goals and meet deadlines.
- Must be a team player that possesses strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a professional demeanor, be detail oriented, organized, highly ethical and have a positive attitude.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Recruiting
Sharlene has been with SDI Staffing since 1998. She is most passionate about recruiting, helping candidates find a successful career in insurance, and assisting clients with finding the top talent they are seeking. Currently, Sharlene works as the Lead Account Manager. She evaluates applicants on their skills, education, work history, personality and salary requirements. She also works with clients to assist them in their search for applicants that have the experience and skills they are seeking for their office. Sharlene is an active member of Professional Women in Insurance, California Staffing Professionals and the American Staffing Association. She is trained in CA Employment and Sexual Harassment Law (FMLA, Meal & Rest Periods, Exempt & Non-Exempt Employees, etc.).
Sharlene was born and raised in San Diego, CA. She enjoys traveling as well as spending time with her husband, their two Labs, family and friends.