Commercial Lines Insurance CSR
Gilroy, CA 95020 US
- HOURS: Hours are Monday – Friday; 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- DURATION: Temporary to possible hire.
- WORKPLACE: In office only.
- PAY: $27.00 - $32.00 per hour, depending on experience.
- BENEFITS: Weekly payroll, direct deposit, online time entry, sick leave pay, and upon meeting eligibility: holiday pay, vacation pay and 401K Retirement Plan.
Job Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist clients with their day to day needs, such as billing inquiries, policy review, and change requests.
- Process certificate requests.
- Process policy changes.
- Complete Acord applications and submit to underwriters for new business quotes for existing clients.
- Compare Acord applications and policies at renewal and submit to carriers for remarketing.
- Provide insured with renewal quotes and bind coverage as needed under the direction of the account executive.
- Review policy forms to confirm that insured has necessary coverages for their operation.
- Review policies and advise insured if they can benefit from obtaining additional lines of coverage.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience recently working as a Commercial Lines CSR, working within an independent agency environment.
- The qualified candidate must hold an active CA Property/Casualty license.
- Strong understanding of Commercial Lines products required.
- EPIC experience a plus. Will train.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills
- Regular and consistent attendance as defined per Company policy.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods as well as the use of office equipment such as fax and copy machines, and telephones.
- May be required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must possess effective communication and listening skills such that complicated information can be communicated in a straight-forward manner that the listener can understand, as well as paraphrasing and questioning to gain a complete understanding of the speakers concerns and goals.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, set goals and meet deadlines.
- Must be a team player that possesses strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a professional demeanor, be detail oriented, organized, highly ethical and have a positive attitude.
- Legal residents of California only. Visa Sponsorship not available. W2 only.
Meet Your Recruiter
Lead Account Manager
Sharlene has been with SDI Staffing since 1998. She is most passionate about recruiting, helping candidates find a successful career in insurance, and assisting clients with finding the top talent they are seeking. Currently, Sharlene works as the Lead Account Manager. She evaluates applicants on their skills, education, work history, personality and salary requirements. She also works with clients to assist them in their search for applicants that have the experience and skills they are seeking for their office. Sharlene is an active member of Professional Women in Insurance, California Staffing Professionals and the American Staffing Association. She is trained in CA Employment and Sexual Harassment Law (FMLA, Meal & Rest Periods, Exempt & Non-Exempt Employees, etc.).
Sharlene was born and raised in San Diego, CA. She enjoys traveling as well as spending time with her husband, their two Labs, family and friends.