Insurance Accountant- Part Time - Remote - Temp in California
Santa Cruz, CA 95062 US
- HOURS: Part-time Hours, Flexible
- DURATION: Temporary - on going
- PAY: $30 - $35 per hour, depending on experience.
- BENEFITS: Weekly payroll, direct deposit, online time entry, sick leave pay, and upon meeting eligibility: holiday pay, vacation pay and 401K Retirement Plan.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Insurance Accountant Role
- Proficient with AMS360, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Reconcile AMS 360 agency billed accounts for accuracy
- Make sure what’s entered into AMS 360 is correct enough to send accurate financial statements to the CPA
- Reconcile agency commissions paid on direct billed accounts
Meet Your Recruiter
Julie Brown is the President of SDI Staffing. She started SDIS in 1995 and specializes in placing temporary and direct-hire employees throughout Southern California for the insurance and financial services industries. Julie is a California Licensed Fire/Casualty Agent and a Certified Staffing Professional. She is a member of the American Staffing Association (ASA) and California Staffing Professionals. She is the past president and current treasurer of the San Diego Chapter of California Staffing Professionals and is the director for the San Diego Chapter on the state board. She is active in San Diego Insurance Women and PWI, where she has served numerous roles including president. She actively participates as a member of the Independent Brokers and Agents of San Diego, and the Risk Insurance Management Society (RIMS) San Diego Chapter. In 2008, Julie was asked to join the steering committee of the San Diego Chapter of the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF). She also teaches insurance and personal development classes to clients and industry organizations.She has been recognized with numerous awards, including SBA’s “Women Owned Business of the Year for San Diego and Imperial Counties,” “Employer of the Year” by the San Diego Workforce Partnership, “Women Who Mean Business” Award from the San Diego Business Journal, “Insurance Woman of the Year” from PWI, “Associate Member of the Year” by the Independent Brokers & Agents of San Diego, and the Career Sponsorship Award by the OPT Program at Grossmont College for her dedication to educate young people about the insurance industry.
Prior to founding SDI Staffing, Julie spent more than 12 years in insurance both at carrier and agency level in Southern California and North Carolina. From sales and customer service in both personal and commercial lines, to operations manager, Julie learned the insurance industry.
She is a native of San Diego, married with two children, a daughter and a son, and enjoys camping, reading, and attending her kid’s athletic events. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology and a minor in Economics from the University of California at San Diego. During race season she can be found every other weekend at Barona Speedway watching her son and husband racing dwarf cars.