Insurance Accounting Analyst - REMOTE
Irvine, CA 92612 US
Accounting Analyst with Insurance Accounting experience needed for insurance brokerage for their Western Region.
Our client is a large, international, insurance broker that has an immediate need for an Insurance Analyst to join their Western Regional Accounting department. This department is made up of 8 team members, with this Analyst reporting directly to the Sr. Controller for the Western Region. This is a team oriented environment and they are looking for someone who is a self starter and able to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining meticulous attention to detail.
This team works in a collaborative, fast paced environment, assisting agency partners during onboarding, including:
- Accounting onboarding
- Conducting agency management system reviews
- Completing data discovery
- System reconciliations
- Quarterly balance sheet, company payables, and accounts receivables audits
- Day-to-day accounting
- HOURS: Full-Time Hours, Mon-Fri, 8:00AM-5:00PM
- DURATION: Direct Hire
- PAY: $70,000 - $75,000 per year, depending on experience.
- BENEFITS: This client offers a full comprehensive benefits package
- WORKSITE: Remote offered to West Coast candidates (some travel may be required)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience in accounting, auditing, and/or financial analysis required in the insurance industry
- Insurance brokerage or industry accounting background required (P&C, Benefits, etc.)
- Income statement and balance sheet reconciliations experience required
- Variance analysis experience required
- QuickBooks experience required
- Agency management system experience is required (i.e., Applied Epic, Tam, AMS 360)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Solomon & Blackline experience is a plus
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships interdepartmentally and with new and existing agency partners
Meet Your Recruiter
Julie Brown is the President of SDI Staffing. She started SDIS in 1995 and specializes in placing temporary and direct-hire employees throughout Southern California for the insurance and financial services industries. Julie is a California Licensed Fire/Casualty Agent and a Certified Staffing Professional. She is a member of the American Staffing Association (ASA) and California Staffing Professionals. She is the past president and current treasurer of the San Diego Chapter of California Staffing Professionals and is the director for the San Diego Chapter on the state board. She is active in San Diego Insurance Women and PWI, where she has served numerous roles including president. She actively participates as a member of the Independent Brokers and Agents of San Diego, and the Risk Insurance Management Society (RIMS) San Diego Chapter. In 2008, Julie was asked to join the steering committee of the San Diego Chapter of the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF). She also teaches insurance and personal development classes to clients and industry organizations.She has been recognized with numerous awards, including SBA’s “Women Owned Business of the Year for San Diego and Imperial Counties,” “Employer of the Year” by the San Diego Workforce Partnership, “Women Who Mean Business” Award from the San Diego Business Journal, “Insurance Woman of the Year” from PWI, “Associate Member of the Year” by the Independent Brokers & Agents of San Diego, and the Career Sponsorship Award by the OPT Program at Grossmont College for her dedication to educate young people about the insurance industry.
Prior to founding SDI Staffing, Julie spent more than 12 years in insurance both at carrier and agency level in Southern California and North Carolina. From sales and customer service in both personal and commercial lines, to operations manager, Julie learned the insurance industry.
She is a native of San Diego, married with two children, a daughter and a son, and enjoys camping, reading, and attending her kid’s athletic events. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology and a minor in Economics from the University of California at San Diego. During race season she can be found every other weekend at Barona Speedway watching her son and husband racing dwarf cars.