Insurance Claims Director
San Diego, CA 92123 US
Insurance Claims Director needed for Insurance Company in Central San Diego.
The qualified candidate must have prior Commercial Auto or Trucking experience and a minimum three years recent experience working in a Management role in insurance claims.
- HOURS: Full-Time Hours, Mon-Fri, 8:00AM-5:00PM. This is a Hybrid role - 2 days WFH and 3 in the office.
- DURATION: Direct Hire
- PAY: $130,000 - $165,000 per year, depending on experience.
- BENEFITS: This client offers a full comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, life insurance, 401K, and PTO
- 10+ years Property and Casualty industry experience, including 5+ years in commercial Trucking claims and 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience handling unrepresented and attorney represented complex injury claims beyond soft tissue injuries
- College Diploma or University Degree (experience may substitute for education)
- Effective customer service skills including empathy and concern for our customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent knowledge of policy wordings all lines of business, corporate guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Ability to coach, guide, and positively motivate employees
- Exceptional advanced negotiation skills
- Position requires the ability to travel up to 10% of the time to out of state offices
- Provide leadership, mentorship and development to Claims team of 5 Supervisors and 20 Adjusters and Assistants
- Ensure efficient and effective performance of staff to ensure claim service levels, customer service, and strong business results
- Identify and addresses training and developmental needs within the department
- Provide direction on complex high exposure bodily injury and litigated files
- Work with Human Resources to ensure staff vacancies are filled
- Ensure compliance with corporate reporting standards and California Department of Insurance requirements
- Execute annual review of claims files for quality and service
- Conduct employee performance management and salary review process
- Submit annual department budget and monitor variances
- Maintain positive relationships with local industry and regulatory bodies
- Remain up-to-date with changes to legislation and trends in the insurance industry, specifically in the areas of litigation and complex bodily injury cases
- Consistently use data and metrics to drive performance of team and strive to lower overall leakage of claims payments
- Provide exceptional customer service
- General oversight and management of all Bad Faith lawsuits against the company
- Performs other duties as assigned
Meet Your Recruiter
Julie Brown is the President of SDI Staffing. She started SDIS in 1995 and specializes in placing temporary and direct-hire employees throughout Southern California for the insurance and financial services industries. Julie is a California Licensed Fire/Casualty Agent and a Certified Staffing Professional. She is a member of the American Staffing Association (ASA) and California Staffing Professionals. She is the past president and current treasurer of the San Diego Chapter of California Staffing Professionals and is the director for the San Diego Chapter on the state board. She is active in San Diego Insurance Women and PWI, where she has served numerous roles including president. She actively participates as a member of the Independent Brokers and Agents of San Diego, and the Risk Insurance Management Society (RIMS) San Diego Chapter. In 2008, Julie was asked to join the steering committee of the San Diego Chapter of the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF). She also teaches insurance and personal development classes to clients and industry organizations.She has been recognized with numerous awards, including SBA’s “Women Owned Business of the Year for San Diego and Imperial Counties,” “Employer of the Year” by the San Diego Workforce Partnership, “Women Who Mean Business” Award from the San Diego Business Journal, “Insurance Woman of the Year” from PWI, “Associate Member of the Year” by the Independent Brokers & Agents of San Diego, and the Career Sponsorship Award by the OPT Program at Grossmont College for her dedication to educate young people about the insurance industry.
Prior to founding SDI Staffing, Julie spent more than 12 years in insurance both at carrier and agency level in Southern California and North Carolina. From sales and customer service in both personal and commercial lines, to operations manager, Julie learned the insurance industry.
She is a native of San Diego, married with two children, a daughter and a son, and enjoys camping, reading, and attending her kid’s athletic events. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology and a minor in Economics from the University of California at San Diego. During race season she can be found every other weekend at Barona Speedway watching her son and husband racing dwarf cars.