Insurance Sales Manager
San Diego, CA 92108 US
As a Commercial Lines Sales Manager, you'll take charge of a team of 6-7 Commercial Lines Producers, driving their performance to meet and exceed New Business Production expectations. This is your opportunity to make a significant impact in a rapidly growing agency, where your leadership and expertise will be highly valued.
- HOURS: Full-Time Hours, Mon-Fri, 8:00AM-5:00PM
- DURATION: Direct Hire
- WORKPLACE: This is an in-office position, not remote.
- PAY: $95,000 - $125,000 per year, depending on experience, plus incentives.
- BENEFITS: This client offers a full comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, life insurance, 401K, and PTO.
- Recruit new producers.
- Screen and test producer candidates.
- Hire and train producers in accordance with agency goals and objectives.
- Develop producers in the areas of product knowledge and sales.
- Assess sales abilities of producers on an ongoing basis (new as well as existing producers).
- Run the daily operation in regards to sales.
- Work with agency management to establish sales goals and plans for each producer.
- Develop systems and tools to monitor actual results against goals.
- Assist in establishing compensation structure for producers.
- Maintain communications with insurance carriers.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Proven Expertise: You bring at least 7 years of recent Independent Agency experience in Commercial Lines Insurance as a Producer and/or Sales Manager.
- Leadership Skills: Your demonstrated management abilities and successful track record managing sales teams set you apart.
- Organization Matters: Your high level of organizational ability keeps everything running smoothly.
- P&C License: An active California Property and Casualty (P&C) license is a must.
- Bilingual Skills: While not required, being bilingual in English and Spanish is a valuable asset.
Meet Your Recruiter
Julie Brown is the President of SDI Staffing. She started SDIS in 1995 and specializes in placing temporary and direct-hire employees throughout Southern California for the insurance and financial services industries. Julie is a California Licensed Fire/Casualty Agent and a Certified Staffing Professional. She is a member of the American Staffing Association (ASA) and California Staffing Professionals. She is the past president and current treasurer of the San Diego Chapter of California Staffing Professionals and is the director for the San Diego Chapter on the state board. She is active in San Diego Insurance Women and PWI, where she has served numerous roles including president. She actively participates as a member of the Independent Brokers and Agents of San Diego, and the Risk Insurance Management Society (RIMS) San Diego Chapter. In 2008, Julie was asked to join the steering committee of the San Diego Chapter of the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF). She also teaches insurance and personal development classes to clients and industry organizations.She has been recognized with numerous awards, including SBA’s “Women Owned Business of the Year for San Diego and Imperial Counties,” “Employer of the Year” by the San Diego Workforce Partnership, “Women Who Mean Business” Award from the San Diego Business Journal, “Insurance Woman of the Year” from PWI, “Associate Member of the Year” by the Independent Brokers & Agents of San Diego, and the Career Sponsorship Award by the OPT Program at Grossmont College for her dedication to educate young people about the insurance industry.
Prior to founding SDI Staffing, Julie spent more than 12 years in insurance both at carrier and agency level in Southern California and North Carolina. From sales and customer service in both personal and commercial lines, to operations manager, Julie learned the insurance industry.
She is a native of San Diego, married with two children, a daughter and a son, and enjoys camping, reading, and attending her kid’s athletic events. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology and a minor in Economics from the University of California at San Diego. During race season she can be found every other weekend at Barona Speedway watching her son and husband racing dwarf cars.