Senior Commercial Lines Insurance Account Manager
San Diego, CA 92130 US
- HOURS: Full-Time Hours, Mon-Fri, 8:00AM-5:00PM (Flexible start schedule offered)
- DURATION: Direct Hire
- WORKPLACE: This is an in-office position. Flexibility is offered
- PAY: $80,000 - $90,000 per year, depending on experience.
- BENEFITS: This client offers a full comprehensive benefits package
Job Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Market new and renewal business including preparing submissions, submitting applications to carriers, negotiating rates and terms with underwriters, and analyzing coverage.
- Responsible for large renewal book of business – typically $600 - $800K in commission income.
- Summarize marketing results for new and renewal business and prepare proposals and presentations.
- Bind new and renewal insurance policies.
- Support producer in the development of new business and cross-selling opportunities for new and existing customers.
- Provide prompt responses to customers’ questions, and manage customer change.
- Review and check policies for accuracy.
- Review certificate of insurance and evidence of property requests and requirements; and prepare and issue them as needed.
- Prepare summaries and/or schedules of coverage for clients.
- Review final audits and assist with audit disputes.
- Communicate professionally and develop solid relationships with customers and insurance company underwriters.
- Review client accounting history respond to accounting inquiries, correct discrepancies, and contact clients on receivable collections.
- Manage Bond lines.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of Eight years’ experience recently working as a Commercial Lines Account Manager within an Independent Agency environment.
- Varied Risk experience (a specific Risk experience is not required for this position).
- The qualified candidate must hold an active CA Property/Casualty license.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- EPIC experience preferred!
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects.
- Occasional travel for business and training may be required of this position
- Must be able to remain in stationary position
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Recruiting
Sharlene has been with SDI Staffing since 1998. She is most passionate about recruiting, helping candidates find a successful career in insurance, and assisting clients with finding the top talent they are seeking. Currently, Sharlene works as the Lead Account Manager. She evaluates applicants on their skills, education, work history, personality and salary requirements. She also works with clients to assist them in their search for applicants that have the experience and skills they are seeking for their office. Sharlene is an active member of Professional Women in Insurance, California Staffing Professionals and the American Staffing Association. She is trained in CA Employment and Sexual Harassment Law (FMLA, Meal & Rest Periods, Exempt & Non-Exempt Employees, etc.).
Sharlene was born and raised in San Diego, CA. She enjoys traveling as well as spending time with her husband, their two Labs, family and friends.