Surety Bond Claims Adjuster - REMOTE!
Pasadena, CA 91101 US
This role specifically investigates and pays out on claims for California Contractors’ license bonds.
The Adjuster will investigate and process claims; handling claims against the bond.
Will NOT be responsible for collections/recovery as they have a team that does that.
The claims load max capacity is approximately 50 - 70 claims/month.
- HOURS: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm PST.
- Part-time and Full-time hours are available.
- DURATION: Direct Hire
- WORKPLACE: Remote! Must reside in the United States.
- The Adjuster can also work a hybrid schedule or in -office, if preferred, should they reside within driving distance of the office.
- PAY: $65k - $70k, depending on experience, plus bonus potential.
- BENEFITS: This client offers benefits.
· Communicating with principals, claimants, and others to investigate, analyze and reach sound, well documented conclusions regarding bond liability on construction bond claims.
· Reviewing all claim related documents including proofs of loss and supporting/competing documentation.
· Assuring timely compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements.
· Collaborating with team members on claim files.
- Minimum of 1 year of Contractors License Bond claims handling experience with Contractors License Bond claims.
- Will need to have recent experience handling claims for California Contractor license bonds, aka surety bonds, but must be experienced with Contractor licensing bonds.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook as well as Teams.
- This is a very automated office so strong computer skills are required.
- Must be able to meet deadlines a few days before the actual deadline; so must be highly organized, detailed, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; Excellent time management; Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Lead Account Manager
Sharlene has been with SDI Staffing since 1998. She is most passionate about recruiting, helping candidates find a successful career in insurance, and assisting clients with finding the top talent they are seeking. Currently, Sharlene works as the Lead Account Manager. She evaluates applicants on their skills, education, work history, personality and salary requirements. She also works with clients to assist them in their search for applicants that have the experience and skills they are seeking for their office. Sharlene is an active member of Professional Women in Insurance, California Staffing Professionals and the American Staffing Association. She is trained in CA Employment and Sexual Harassment Law (FMLA, Meal & Rest Periods, Exempt & Non-Exempt Employees, etc.).
Sharlene was born and raised in San Diego, CA. She enjoys traveling as well as spending time with her husband, their two Labs, family and friends.