San Diego, CA 92120 US
- HOURS: Full-Time Hours, Mon-Fri, 8:00AM-5:00PM
- DURATION: Direct Hire
- WORKPLACE: In office only.
- PAY: $52k - $62k, depending on experience.
- BENEFITS: This client offers a full comprehensive benefits package.
The Disability Underwriting Associate will provide customer service during the case management cycle to decrease case time in underwriting. Possesses understanding of complex disability insurance products and underwriting matters.
Job duties will include but are not limited to:
- Perform initial review of applications.
- Pre-screen medical and financial inquiries.
- Verify received requirements are accurate.
- Resolve complex underwriting issues.
- Assist in Case Manager training and development.
- Perform policy maintenance and change requests requiring underwriting.
- Follow-up on pending cases with both carriers and brokers and give updates.
- Document and send approvals and modified approvals to brokers.
- Work with the Sales Department and carriers to find alternative placement for declined cases.
- Verify and submit contracting.
- Manage pending, written, approved, and issued applications.
- A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent is required. A bachelor’s degree or a minimum of two years of recent insurance experience is preferred.
- The qualified candidate must have a minimum 1 – 2 years’ recent experience working in the insurance field.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Proficient in administrative procedures.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to think analytically. Analyze problems by considering alternatives, followed by systematic rejection of unacceptable alternative.
Meet Your Recruiter
Lead Account Manager
Sharlene has been with SDI Staffing since 1998. She is most passionate about recruiting, helping candidates find a successful career in insurance, and assisting clients with finding the top talent they are seeking. Currently, Sharlene works as the Lead Account Manager. She evaluates applicants on their skills, education, work history, personality and salary requirements. She also works with clients to assist them in their search for applicants that have the experience and skills they are seeking for their office. Sharlene is an active member of Professional Women in Insurance, California Staffing Professionals and the American Staffing Association. She is trained in CA Employment and Sexual Harassment Law (FMLA, Meal & Rest Periods, Exempt & Non-Exempt Employees, etc.).
Sharlene was born and raised in San Diego, CA. She enjoys traveling as well as spending time with her husband, their two Labs, family and friends.